An American in Ulsan

An electronic account of the life and times of the author as EFL instructor outside of Ulsan, South Korea.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Quirks Part VI















Ok, so this one isn't a very quirky change, but it's a change nonetheless. Above is a picture of the bag I use at our local Cheonsang Top Mart, the grocery store. Each bag costs about 50 won, which is a measly 5 cents American, but it adds up. Thus, it is much more economical and environmentally sound to re-use old bags, which (unfortunately) requires me to remember to bring a bag with me when I head over to go shopping. The Top Mart check-out ladies are always all smiles, and one of them even speaks English relatively well, so she loves practicing with me when I come in. She also talked me into getting a Top Mart card so I can save on my purchases. Unfortunately, the application is all in Korean and the lady who runs the card application desk doesn't speak any English, so I haven't actually gotten my card yet. But it does give me a practical goal to shoot for in my Korean language study; one day soon I hope to know enough to fill out the form!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home