An American in Ulsan

An electronic account of the life and times of the author as EFL instructor outside of Ulsan, South Korea.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Shanshan

I almost forgot to mention my first experience with a typhoon this weekend. Well, ok, it wasn't much of an experience. Typhoon "Shanshan" sort of skirted the East coast of the Korean peninsula, where Ulsan is located, and we experienced some heavy rain and high winds. As far as I could tell, there wasn't much (if any) damage done. I spent most of the day inside cleaning the apartment and creating tests for one of my classes, but in the evening I ventured downtown to meet Jessica, some of her Korean friends from Ulsan University and a couple of foreign teachers for some soju and anju. My umbrella popped wrong-side up a couple of times, but otherwise it was just like being in a really bad storm. Japan had it much worse, apparently, where Shanshan actually made landfall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home