An American in Ulsan

An electronic account of the life and times of the author as EFL instructor outside of Ulsan, South Korea.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Gyeong Dong Tae Won Happenings

Recently, there has been a lot of activity in my apartment complex, much of it beginning in the wee hours of the morning, which causes me much distress (just kidding). The apartment buildings are getting a fresh coat of paint, which seems a little misguided because it is the rainy season and it tends to rain just about every day. Here is a view of the painters (I think OSHA would have a field day this one!):














And of course the cars are protected:














When I first arrived, I often wondered how people moved all of their belongings into these apartments high in the sky, especially since we don't have service elevators. There is an answer to that question-- this:














Every once in a while we get a new tenant and there is the constant sound of the mechanical platform zipping up and down its mechanical arm. These are the pieces of the Korean quotidian existence that I won't know that I'll miss until I leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home