An American in Ulsan

An electronic account of the life and times of the author as EFL instructor outside of Ulsan, South Korea.

Friday, June 08, 2007

Sailing Through The Air

Those of you that know me well know that I have a severe fear of heights (which is only compounded by the fact that I live twenty stories up and have recurring nightmares about falling to my death, but that is neither here nor there), so it will come as some surprise that I was talked into trying out the latest craze to hit Ulsan Grand Park. As summer vacation approaches, the good folks at SK have erected a "bungee-trampoline" contraption near the front gate (it's off to the right for any Ulsanites who want to try it) and it caught the eye of my friends as we were walking through the park on the Wednesday holiday. I was one of the only members of our group who weighed under the 80 kilogram weight limit and was also willing to give it a shot. Basically, you are strapped into a harness attached to twin sets of bungee cords and suspended over a trampoline:






The attendant winches you into the air a meter or so and then pulls down on the bungee cords, and soon enough you are launched high into the air. As thrilling as it was, it also scared the living daylights out of my acrophobic self. I'm still surprised I did it, but at least I tried!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home