An American in Ulsan

An electronic account of the life and times of the author as EFL instructor outside of Ulsan, South Korea.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

More Cheonsang Pictures

Here are some more scenic views of Cheonsang, beyond the confines of the apartment.














First, the pond a couple of blocks to the right of my apartment complex. I went for a walk around here yesterday, and it was really nice. There were a couple of turtles hanging out on the floating flower beds near the bridge in the background of this picture, but they darted away into the water before I could snap a picture. Here are some more views from around the pond:




























This is the only building I've found so far that doesn't look like it was built some time after 1980, although it probably was, too:














And finally, a view of a typical Cheonsang street. I'm not sure if you can get a sense of how narrow it actually is, or of the intense signage in the background, but it is an accurate representation of the Cheonsang that isn't simply pastoral beauty:














I've finally figured out how to take a picture without recording the date also, so the next ones that I post won't be so blemished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home