An American in Ulsan

An electronic account of the life and times of the author as EFL instructor outside of Ulsan, South Korea.

Friday, August 18, 2006

At Long Last!

Finally, after what I can only imagine was an Ulyssean journey through the rocks and shoals of Korean bureacracy, I have my visa confirmation number! One would think that this would make me relaxed, but no, it means that I now have to race to get my passport stamped by the consulate in Boston some time before next Friday (which is technically possible) so that I can arrive in Cheongsang at least a few hours before my first class (August 28th). I have already come to terms with the fact that I will most likely miss out on having some time to recover from jet lag and that I will be a virtual walking zombie for my first few days in-country. Ah, how much easier this would all be if I was teaching/emigrating illegally, which is, of course, a privilege of we white Americans (more on this in an upcoming post)!

On another note, this guy is making all of us globetrotting EFL teachers look like creeps...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home