An American in Ulsan

An electronic account of the life and times of the author as EFL instructor outside of Ulsan, South Korea.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Anniversary

Today I have officially been in Korea for one full year! If I hadn't extended my contract for a month, I would probably be on a plan somewhere over the Pacific right now. I can't believe it has already been a year; it seemed to go so quickly. But when I think about how I couldn't even read hangeul and knew virtually nothing about Korean culture before I got here, I realize that I have really come a long way in a short time. Also, when I look at pictures of myself from year ago, I can see that I have developed a lot more wrinkles since then. Ah, the joys of teaching in Korea... There have been ups and downs to be sure, but fortunately more ups than downs, I think. Only one more month to go and then it's back home, but I'm positive I'll be back here some time soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home