An American in Ulsan

An electronic account of the life and times of the author as EFL instructor outside of Ulsan, South Korea.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Addendum

A short addendum to my previous post on North Korea: yesterday, one of my roommate's Korean friends called her to suggest that for the next few days she wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants (it's still warm enough here that neither are necessary, by the way) in order to avoid the potentially damaging effects of "nuclear fallout." For the record, the apparent nuclear test was conducted underground and I'm fairly positive that Ulsan did not suffer any ill effects. There is probably a greater risk to my health from my trip to the industrial park on Friday. Incidentally, the past couple of days here have been hazier than usual; I think we're experiencing some high pollution days, and I now understand why people here wear these.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home