An American in Ulsan

An electronic account of the life and times of the author as EFL instructor outside of Ulsan, South Korea.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Herbalist Strikes Again

I found myself coming down with a cold yesterday, much to the dismay of my co-teacher, "The Herbalist" Mr. Lee, whom I mentioned in the previous post. When he arrived at work today, he handed me a bottle full of one of his home remedies for the common cold, a combination of seven different herbs found in Korea (the only one he knew in English was ginger root). I have to admit, the taste was not the most appetizing thing to have ever made its way down my esophagous, but I hold out some hope that it will help rid me of this sickness, even if it's only a psychosomatic effect. Here's a look at the thick, brown liquid:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home